[Declined] Elbanis - Restoration Druid

Personal Information

Name: Rosemary

Nationality: British/Irish

Battletag: Elbanis1993#2708

Tell us a little bit about yourself, who are you, what do you do etc. 

I am a 24 year old from the UK, been playing WoW for number of years. I have a dachshund (sausage dog) puppy I will share pictures of if accepted. Also play a bit of League and PUBG.

Character Information

Name: Elbanis

Class: Dudu

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/charac...ne/elbanis

Mainspec (artifact traits): 78

Offspec (artifact traits): 64

Why do you play this class and role? 

Started playing a druid back in Vanilla, and mostly spent time healing dungeons (although never reached max level). I came back in WotLK and initially played mage, before levelling a druid to max level and trying that out. I enjoyed the playstyle so have been playing it as my main ever since.

Explain your reasoning behind your character choices (why did you pick your current talents and what gearing/stat priority do you go for)

Talents

15 - CW - huge tank healing, extended by flourish.
30 - Displacer beast. Very useful for the increased mobility. In some cases may pick renewal or wild charge if the encounter needs it.
45 - Guardian Affinity by default, since there is less opportunity for cat weaving in raids. Balance affinity in some cases where the encounter area is particularly large.
60 - Doesn't really matter. Mass entanglement for adds on coven.
75 - Generally will use cultivation. In very specific fights I may choose ToL (e,g Vari)
90 - Spring Blossoms or Germination, depending on the amount we are stacked up in the fight, how much we are moving around, how much spot damage there is, etc.
100 - Flourish. Its just too strong compared to the other choices.

Stats

I use Torty's spreadsheet (from the Dreamgrove) as well as the resto druid statweight weak aura addon to track stat weights, since these depend on fight.

Give us some examples of how your class and/or talent choices makes you more valuable on specific encounters.

There are only a handful of specific encounters I would say we have a specific role which many other healers can't fill. Aside from this, druids are very versatile healers, being able to soak large amounts of damage (Barkskin, bear form) and able to move around very quickly (Displacer beast, dash).

Aggramar - Can root adds
Coven - Can mass root the wall of adds

Raiding

Tell us a little bit about your raiding experience:

I'll focus mostly on my legion experience, since I think that is most relevant. I didn't really join any significant guilds prior to Legion but did progress raid in Cataclysm/Pandaria.
In legion;

Since I came back after a break of raiding in MoP, I didn't have any stable guilds. Raided in a few guilds before joining;

Scrubz - Raided Nighthold Mythic from the start. We were around 200-300 rank in the world.

Scrubz then died (RIP) after a lot of drama, people leaving, etc. Eventually we called it quits and I joined BBC News.

BBC News - Raided for a while here, they were a top 100 guild but were adding too many additional raids. I wanted to raid slightly less and had a friend from Scrubz (the guild master) ask me to join Security. Security raided much less (3x a week) and people in BBC News didn't play much outside of raids, so I decided to go there.

Security - Raided here for a while, killed Gul'Dan (they were top 50 at the time). Their other druid quit as did my friend from Scrubz. At this stage I was moving houses so decided to give WoW a bit of a break.

Now - Guildless, sad times.

What makes you a valuable asset to a raiding team?

I have a lot of experience from a number of top tier guilds, and can play my class to a very high level. Also willing to accept criticism and have a bit of a laugh when playing the game.

What steps do you take to ensure you play your class to the full extent of its capabilities?

I keep up to date on the latest news on mmo-champion, actively check the druid forums and also keep updated on the druid discord (the Dreamgrove). 

What will your attendance be, can we rely on you to be there for progression? Are there any factors that may impede you to attend that we should know about?

Full attendance

Are you familiar with being in a Mythic raiding guild and the environment. Are you familiar with rotating people and ”benching”’. What are your thoughts on this?

Yes. 

Unbench the kench.

Please provide logs showing your competence as a player. If you don’t have any logs, please explain why.

I only have logs from heroic this tier;

I am a heroic log

Here are some logs from NH;

Mystical Raider Logs NH

Miscellaneous

Do you have a functioning microphone?

Yes

Are you familiar using Teamspeak?

What is a Teamspeak

Why do you wish to join Aetherium?

At the minute I don't really know too much about your guild. Officers seemed helpful, but mostly - you guys have good progress for being a 2 night raiding guild. I'm down for that shizzle.

How did you come across our Guild?

I went on wowprogress and looked for guilds that were looking for a resto druid. There are surprisingly few.

Last but not least

Why should we be accepting you to the guild? What makes you a better investment than other applicants? Sell yourself to us.

I think I bring a plethora of raiding experience to the guild but I am also pretty relaxed in raids. I don't rage, I don't spit the dummy out, I just do my job and get along with it. I'm also always up for doing things outside of raids, such as swapping doggo pictures, running it down mid in League or doing some swanky M+ keys.

Thanks for reading my app.
Thanks for your application. We'll discusss it and get back to you in a few days.
[Image: VYWPRir.gif]
Providing false information is frowned upon.

Declined.
[Image: VYWPRir.gif]