[Declined] Holy Paladin
Personal Information

Name: Kai Bjørnson

Nationality:Norway

Battletag: Simple#2635

Tell us a little bit about yourself, who are you, what do you do etc.

I am a 21 year old apprentice at a company called Evry. I work with the companies help desk and take care of our users in case of any malfunctions. Other than that I am your standard norwegian guy. I like skiing, I play American football and I spend some time in the gym. I have a girlfriend that I live together with, and she also enjoys playing video games (not so much WoW though). Other than WoW I play Arma 3, PuBG and LoL being my favourite games.

Character Information

Name: Sìmple

Class: Paladin (Holy)

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/charac...%C3%ACmple

Mainspec (artifact traits): 74 (60%->75)

Offspec (artifact traits): 67 (Protection)

Why do you play this class and role? 
 -I have played wow since TBC where my first character was a warlock. I had a couple friends who played, one being a retri paladin. Progressing throughout TBC and alongside WoTLK me and him never switched classes. Towards the end of WoTLK i started to like the look of his paladin more and more and decided to lvl one for myself. During the time my friend wanted to play a warrior tank so we leveled together, rolling dungeons. After playing retri for maybe 5 lvls i started rolling healer to get faster que's in dungeons. Instantly fell in love with the playstyle and feel of Hpala and I have played it ever since as my main. I have had a couple breaks here and there but I have played actively since then.

Explain your reasoning behind your character choices (why did you pick your current talents and what gearing/stat priority do you go for)
 -Current talents isnt something you can look at. This changes day to day, fight to fight. Holy paladins have alot of diveristy in their talent tree that can be good in almost any situation, which is why it gets switched around so much (T15 - T60 - T90 coming in big here)

-Stat priority for paladins is mainly crit. The reason we go for alot of crit is mainly for our spell Holy shock. This ability already has a built in x2 on your current crit % (I.E 50%=100%) Meaning in a perfect world you would have 50% crit. Although, staying over 40% is key to proc the x2 atleast 80% of the time. 

-I am currently wearing T20 4-set and T21 2-set. T20 4-set being worth about 40 ilvls per slot meaning it is better than any gear i currently have. T21 4-set will replace this after a while when loot becomes more accesible. Other than that i am sticking to crit heavy gear as best as i can weighing in factors like high ilvl int gain will beat out crit in some situations. Out of gear I have gotten over the past weeks my character is as optimal as RNG has allowed me to be.
- Legendarys I am currently sitting with Velens, Prydaz, Soul of the Highlord and Chain of Thrayn that are meta/useable in raids. These also get switched around from fight to fight depending on what is needed.

Give us some examples of how your class and/or talent choices makes you more valuable on specific encounters.
- Holy paladin. "The tank healer". Huge spells like Beacons, Auras, Wings, Lay on hands and Blessings. Holy paladins can come in clutch at any given moment in a raid. With aither big healing cd's or major damage reduction spells, there isnt a reason not to take Holy paladins as a healer.

Raiding

Tell us a little bit about your raiding experience: 
- Started raiding in WoTLK, very casually normal with my first heroic kills in ICC. Really picked up in Cataclysm with Hpala when i started getting a hang of the game in the first tier. Towards the end of the tier I joined Aurora Borealis a scandinavian guild on Grim Batol where things started getting real. 200-450 world kills raiding at a semi/hardcore lvl. I raided with them through Cataclysm when we disbanded waiting for MoP to launch. I went back to my old guild for MoP raiding casually as i wasnt enjoying the expansion. WoD I made my return and got some nice kills mostly around 400-700 world kills. Switching through alot of guilds towards Legion launch. I cleared 7/7 M cutting edge, 2/3 M (cleared Helya second week into NH) and then 5/9 M before taking a break from march - october where I started playing again. I geared myself up abit and now I want to get back into the raiding scene for the last tier of this expansion

What makes you a valuable asset to a raiding team?
- I am a quick learner. I rarely make mistakes (not saying I'm not human but you get the idea). I take criticism really well as I always stride to become a better player. I am active on class discords/other websites that are helpfull for me to understand and play my character. I have a decent background that shows I can play at a fairly good lvl, and to top it off I'm pretty friendly. I like to participate in other guild related things besides raids. If it were to be other games or just chilling on discord etc.

What steps do you take to ensure you play your class to the full extent of its capabilities?
- As stated above, I am active on class discord, youtube and other websites to learn more about my character and also speculate about new items/trinkets/legendarys and how they can be used in specific situations.

What will your attendance be, can we rely on you to be there for progression? Are there any factors that may impede you to attend that we should know about? 
- My attendence will be near 100%. There will allways be a RL thing you might have to take care of at some given point. So I wont say 100%, but close given the fact that this game is my passion. I love raiding and i love whipeing. It makes the experience when you finally kill a boss so much more forgiving and "well earned".

Are you familiar with being in a Mythic raiding guild and the environment. Are you familiar with rotating people and ”benching”’. What are your thoughts on this?
- I am familiar with being a mythic raider, and through that i am familiar with benching. I know that some classes/specs are more beneficial for fights and that sometimes you take a hit for the time to be able to move on. I personally have nothing against sitting out if it means that we can get further into content.

Please provide logs showing your competence as a player. If you don’t have any logs, please explain why.
I am currently stationed on (A) Ravencrest and my EN - NH clears were on (H) Tarren Mill. The guild I was in at the time of raiding is disbanded and I had a hard time finding logs. However i found some old gyazo I can show off. 
https://gyazo.com/f1008d70c9b39f086083e5bfcc1d514f
https://gyazo.com/138ec6836d79b9c5384b4c1d56d12b10
https://gyazo.com/e9df87092071a53b97ff66bcac6a5916
https://gyazo.com/daa27fe91b3c01a6835a2442ef2caac0

Here is my Antorus HC/NM Clear: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/e...%C3%ACmple
To be fair though, the clear was with a good guild group and we were 6 healers in a 25 man, so numbers are kinda crappy.

Miscellaneous

Do you have a functioning microphone? Yes

Are you familiar using Teamspeak? Yes

Why do you wish to join Aetherium? I came across the guild on wowprogress and your schedule fit mine perfectly. Along with that you have a competitive feel and are competant in clearing content at a fair pace for being a 2 day/week raiding guild.

How did you come across our Guild? Wowprogress.com

Last but not least

Why should we be accepting you to the guild? What makes you a better investment than other applicants? Sell yourself to us.
- I honestly feel like I can bring something to the guild. I have alot of passion and respect and knowledge about the game in its current state and form. Be it my own class or someone elses. I am very helpfull in any given situation and I will bring my A game coming into every raid. I am a very positive and optimistic person and with us having the same goal of clearing content at a steady pace, that is something we can do together.
Unfortunately we have decided not to offer you a trial position at this time. Application itself looks good, so it has nothing to do with you as a raider/person, but we are not sure that we can accomodate a holy paladin at this moment, start of Mythic Antorus. It wouldn't be fair to you to have you transfer to us but then find out that you wouldn't be able to raid every raid.

Declined.
[Image: VYWPRir.gif]