[Declined] calloww - demon hunter (havoc)
Personal Information

Name: Vid

Nationality: Slovenian

Battletag: vipAAAx#2108

Tell us a little bit about yourself, who are you, what do you do etc.

I'm a pretty chill dude with a good sense of humor. My life is pretty much based around fitness and weightlifting. I'm currently pursuing a PRO status in bodybuilding which is also why I had to take a break from WoW in the past 3-4 months. At this point I'm done with all the competitions for the next year and a half so I have a lot more time for games.

Character Information

Name: Calloww

Class: Demon Hunter

Armory: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/16928783

Mainspec (artifact traits): close to 72

Offspec (artifact traits): 35 (didn't play it since NH)

Why do you play this class and role?

Honestly... warglaivesBig Grin I picked the class up when it first came out in pre-legion. I saw warglaives and the warglaive of azzinoth nostalgia hit me since I used to own one on my rogue back in TBC. I didn't think I was gonna play it for this long. I like everything about it, especially the burst.

Explain your reasoning behind your character choices (why did you pick your current talents and what gearing/stat priority do you go for)

My talent choices are 2/2/2/1/3/2/2. They are the best choice in both single target and AoE fights.

Stat priority:
1.) Crit: More crit -> more fury -> more chaos strikes -> more sustained damage.
2.) I'll go with Haste for now since I'm using the ToS tier set and the legendary cloak that benefits from Blade dance. So more haste -> more blade dances -> more legendary procs.
3.) Mastery: More mastery -> more chaos damage which is what all the main demon hunter abilities benefit from, apart from blade dance. Mastery might move to spot number two with the new tier set and legendary shoulders.
4.) Versatility

Give us some examples of how your class and/or talent choices makes you more valuable on specific encounters.

Being able to put out high amount of damage in a short amount of time with some decent cleave damage as well. I think demon hunters are great in the 'dps check' fights.

Raiding

Tell us a little bit about your raiding experience:

I started playing in vanilla but I didn't raid at all. WoW was my first MMORPG game and I didn't really understand what it was about. At the time all I cared about was hitting level 60 and duel other players. When TBC came out I started raiding and managed to clear everything apart from Kil'Jaeden in Sunwell. No one was willing to even try to kill that boss after all the Mu'ru shenanigans. That fight was something.  We also cleared all the WoTLK content but after that I quit the game since Cataclysm didn't seem fun to me. I came back at the end of WoD and played all throughout Legion. Messed around with friends in EN but we only killed 5/7M. Most of my friends decided to quit after EN and I joined another guild where we got 9/10M in Nighthold. Later on I had to switch guilds again due to work and training obligations but I couldn't commit to raiding at the time because of all the competitions so I only got 3/9M in ToS.

What makes you a valuable asset to a raiding team?

I learn fast, I focus on maximizing my dps while doing boss mechanics properly. I'm not a toxic person and I can handle wipes during progression without losing focus.

What steps do you take to ensure you play your class to the full extent of its capabilities?

I sim a lot, go through different guides, ask people about what they think of certain talent/stat choices, but most of all practice, practice, practice. 

What will your attendance be, can we rely on you to be there for progression? Are there any factors that may impede you to attend that we should know about?

100% attendance.

Are you familiar with being in a Mythic raiding guild and the environment. Are you familiar with rotating people and ”benching”’. What are your thoughts on this?

Yes.  I'm okay with it, I don't mind being benched. Certain setups work better for certain bosses.

Please provide logs showing your competence as a player. If you don’t have any logs, please explain why.

All the logs I have are either old or set on private but here you go:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/16928783#rankingzone=11

Miscellaneous

Do you have a functioning microphone? Yes

Are you familiar using Teamspeak? Yes

Why do you wish to join Aetherium?

I want to experience high end raiding again. Also your raid times fit my schedule perfectly

How did you come across our Guild?
wowprogress.com

Last but not least

Why should we be accepting you to the guild? What makes you a better investment than other applicants? Sell yourself to us.

I know my class well and I'm able to bring 100% attendance. I also have this new black kitty. She's super furry. I'll give you pictures.
Thanks for your application. We'll get back to you within a few days.
[Image: VYWPRir.gif]
Unfortunately we have decided not to offer you a trial position at this time. We're looking for people with a little bit more experience.

Declined.
[Image: VYWPRir.gif]