[Withdrawn] Quadruple app
Hey guys,
I spoke to Hairysailor the other day, and we're a group of 4 people looking for a new home. So we're just going to throw in the app in one thread, hope that's okay.

Personal Information

Name: Simon Wood
Nationality: British
Battletag: SJW#2734

Tell us a little bit about yourself
I work for a large Utilities company forecasting gas and electricity consumption. I have a maths degree. I enjoy playing almost any sport, but mnostly play football atm.
Character Information

Name: Simont
Class: Paladin
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ou...ont/simple
Mainspec: Holy
Offspec: Retribution
Why do you play this class and role?
I enjoy it Smile
Started replaying around 1 month ago after a long break from the game.
Played Vanilla as a Paladin, and did lots of hardcore raiding as a paladin healer.

Happy to play another class though, provided it means raiding time.

Raiding

Tell us a little bit about your raiding experience:
Raided all the Vanilla Raids with a hardcore guild as a Holy Paladin. The peak being a Top 5 kill of C'thun.
I raided most of TBC as a Mage, consistently being near in the top few for damage.
I raid leaded for most of this time.

What makes you a valuable asset to a raiding team?
I have lots of experience (albeit of old dungeons). I ensure I can play my class to its limits. I take the time to learn mechanics of fights. I don't make the same mistake twice. I don't stand in shit.

What steps do you take to ensure you play your class to the full extent of its capabilities?
I take the time to fully learn the mechanics of my class, and ensure I am playing it in the most efficient manner (either by researching the internet, or forming my own spreadsheets if I cannot find stuff).
I will also use this information to ensure I have all the correct gear/enchants/consumables etc.

Miscellaneous
Do you have a functioning microphone?
yes
Are you familiar using Teamspeak?
yes
Why do you wish to join Aetherium?
I have got the bug for playing WoW again and got the most enjoyment out of the game through raiding. I am looking to do this in a relaxed and fun - but competent,professional and mature environment - which is what I believe your guild offers
How did you come across our Guild?
WoW Forums
--------------------------------

Personal Information
Name: Vlad
Nationality: Romanian
Battletag: Wickedblow#2615
A guy that likes playing game in his spare time. Play all types of game, mainly adventure and RPGs (what can I say? I lke a good story), but currently focused on WoW, where I especially enjoy group activities. Do like to pvp once in a while, but mainly enjoy cooperative activities.

Character Information
Name: Wickedcrush
Class: Shaman
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ou...ush/simple
Mainspec: Enhancement
Offspec: Elemental probably, currently only have gear for enhancement, but changing specs becomes a lot easier in Legion, with rings having no primary stats and only having one weapon.
I sometimes change classes at the start of an expansion, to try out something fresh and I like the style of gameplay the enhancement shaman offers with the new changes. Feels like a fighter that enhances his attacks now a lot more than in the past.

Raiding
Everything up to 8 bosses in naxx 40 as a rogue, can't remember exactly which ones, but I do still remember the adrenalie rush of the first Patchwerk kill. All raids in TBC as a shadow priest. In Wrath, got to hard mode Ulduar except for the last 2 bosses, when I quit. Came back at the end and did normal 10m ICC, on a hunter. Didn't play much in Cataclysm, only the 3 starting raids on normal as SP, or Panda, a bit as a mage, where I did flex SoO and a 2-3 of the bosses on normal SoO, and in WoD made it to a almost all heroics in BRF, missing Furnace, Maidens who we almost killed and Blackhand, as a rogue, after which I had real life focus, that being the point at which I took a break this expansion, until a month ago.
Experienced in a raiding enviroment, always fully prepared and focused on the task at hand. Willing to ask for advice or accept different views.
What steps do you take to ensure you play your class to the full extent of its capabilities?
Inform myself on the build and gear that best suit the class, enchant the gear and fully buffing during a raid, testing on dummies, looking at strats. Plan to practice it in the new escalating mythic dungeons as well.

Miscellaneous
Yes
Yes
Looks like the type of guild me and my friends would enjoy to be in. Casual schedule, but serious raids, in a relaxed and friendly enviroment. Focus when the job needs to be done, while also joking and having fun.
My friends and I were looking for a guild and found the advert on forums. Looked like a good place to apply to, since it seems like it offers what we're looking for.
------------------------------
Personal Information
Name: Terry
Nationality: English
Battletag: Undyingangel#2913
Tell us a little bit about yourself:
I am a Storage/Server field engineer, I a big fan of going to the Pub for a few ales and playing games in my spare time. I recently got my motorbike license so when I can I go with friends around the country side enjoying the views.

Character Information
Name: Undyingangel/Cunningfox
Class: Warrior (this can be changed if required).
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ou...gel/simple (I have just re-leveled a warrior as I don’t like the changes they have done to the DK).
Mainspec: Protection (Currently Protection as I intent to be a tank for the new 5man mythic in Legion and getting back into the swing of playing a warrior I will be Fury for raiding).
Offspec: Fury
Why do you play this class and role? I have played the warrior since wow started and find it good fun. I have switched to other classes over my time in wow from shaman to paladin but always come back to the warrior.

Raiding
I have raided on and off since vanilla. Playing protection Warrior during Vanilla and Burning crusade. Shaman healer during wrath of the lich king. I didn’t raid during Cata as I didn’t play wow at this time I came back in WOD and played a Paladin / Deathknight.
Attempted raiding in Pandaland, where I came back towards the end, but only a few kills as main tank.
I am always prepared, having looked at strats and videos. Also make an effort getting the best gear I can, ready to give it my all.
View logs, reading forums various places and of cause play enough to ensure I don’t suck.

Miscellaneous
Do you have a functioning microphone? Yes
Are you familiar using Teamspeak? Yes
This is part of a group application, of all the guilds we have been looking at this seems the most mature and well suited.
Friend found it via the wow pve forums.
------------------------
Personal Information
Name: Ken
Nationality: Danish
Battletag: Bilz#21951
Veteran online gamer, played wow on and off since closed beta. Also play various other games, but currently have no other commitments. Currently unemployed, so I plan on dedicating many extra hours upon Legion release.

Character Information
Name: Douchbear
Class: Druid
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ra...ear/simple
Mainspec: Balance
Offspec: Anything really, way better at dps and tank though.
Roll of the dice this time really. Having played so long makes me want to try things, and druid is one of the classes I’ve not raided on before. Also I’ve picked it because of the versatility of the class, as it can slot in most places.
When that I said and done – I can also happily raid on my warrior, my upcoming Demon Hunter or maybe a completely different class. I’m the swish army knife of classes, especially these days.

Raiding
I've raided in every expansion, some more than others.
Back in Vanilla I did pretty solid raiding up until AQ40 where my guild kind of imploded. (Rogue)
Coming into TBC guild-less and semi busy in real life, I decided to sell my account in an attempt to completely stop playing, lasted 5 months then I re-leveled a character and finished of strong with a new build which i were the ranged officer in.(Rogue/Warrior/Mage)
In Lich king I main tanked on my DK, but after only a few weeks, a death in the family saw my motivation disappear. I didn't return until the very end of Lich as motivation and the changes blizzard made to the game, they angered me. (DK)
I didn't start raiding at the start of Cata, because i was busy. But soon as time allowed it, i got a solid raiding guild we progressed, but attendance fell short for a few months, and the guild imploded, especially our Main tank going MIA was a big problem. I struggled to find a new guild, but was picked up by an old friend from before WOW who needed a ranged DPS for their heroic raiding guild. Towards the end of Cata as Dragon Soul came out, we experienced a huge drop in players and we ended up splitting up. (Shaman/Mage)
I didn't play much at the start of Pandaland, the setting just didn't gel with me. But via some back country roads, i founds some of my old friends from playing other games, and we decided to make our own guild to raid a bit, it was super casual and we only started right around the time that SOO was released. We did some raided, but were left at the side of the road by unmotivated people. (Monk/Hunter/Warrior)
WOD came along, and we intentionally aimed for raiding from the start. We started of a little fragmented, but 3 of us joined up raiding on Draenor as horde. We did pretty well in that guild, we were never ahead of the curve, but he did solidly, despite having some rather shit players in our roster. I became an officer eventually and as we were about to kill the last boss in BRF on Heroic, we started debating trying some mythic bosses. This was a dividing issue. Half the officer group wanted it, the other half, including founders and GM did not. This lead to a solid chunk of the players walking out, me including. It initially broke me and i stopped playing for a while, i was rather missed. But after a few weeks a friend of mine told me that their guild was coming up short and they wouldn't mind a few people. So me and one of the guys joined them to raid. We had BRF Heroic on farm, but were still gathering people to do mythic, finally we got there, but HFC was released the following week so we started on that. I had very few runs of HFC and then i found myself not able to keep up with our other warrior in DPS. I didn't understand it at the time, and despite doing everything, including having our top warrior analyse logs and come to the same conclusion i had myself - namely that there was nothing wrong, just i didn't have the same trinkets he had. But alas the raid leader didn't buy it, and saw me as a weak link, which rather annoyed me and as i had other people polling for my attention I decided to stop raiding and stop playing wow for good. Obviously that's not the end, since I’m back by chance I got a random beta invite and after having played on that, i decided that i wanted to come back, because the changes seemed great and it completely re-vitalized the game for me. (Warrior/Hunter)

Experience, both in raiding but also in what it means to be in a guild. I've seen a lot of things since i started playing, and they help me to always quickly recognize issues. I also bring calmness to the raid, in the sense that I don’t panic. The last couple of raiding years have shown me that people have a lot less patience that in the old days, and I pride myself I being able to take a deep breath, respawn, and get ready for the next pull.
I drink coffee, I do stretches before raids and make sure, to the best of my abilities, that I’m not having to use the toilet during raids. :-)
In all seriousness though, i imagine you're looking stuff like analyse logs, read class forums and follow various other resources. And yes, I do all that - it's in my old school DNA.

Miscellaneous
Yes
Yes, have run and hosted servers before.
Looking for a place I can get to do some raiding with my friends, but also a place that has a few ambitions. I really want to push for results on a relaxed schedule. Obviously there are also all the side benefits – getting to know new people and having fresh experiences.
Via the wow PVE recruitment forums.
--------------------------------------

Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Hey guys, thanks for your applications! We'll be discussing these shortly among our Officer team and will post a respond after having gone through all of it. In the meantime it would probably be best (if this hasn't happened yet) that every one of you has a forum account so they can respond to questions aimed at them.

Ideally this was done in four separate applications to keep everything divided and so replies don't go back and forth and it turns into a whole puzzle thread, alas, it can be done this way.

Will get back to you soon!
Hey guys,

We'd like to have a chat with all four of you on our Teamspeak server to discuss the available options. Could you please let me know a convenient time when all four of you are available for such a chat?

Thanks in advance,

Yserea
[Image: VYWPRir.gif]
Hey, thanks for the replies.

We can do a talking sessions maybe sunday at some point? Our paladin is away visiting his older brother, and will only be back home Sunday, so it'll have to be after that. Unless you're happy talking to 3 of us before hand and you could ninja him later.

Sunday would work for us. We have a guild event in the evening so during the day/afternoon would be preferable. Would that work for you guys?
Should be fine, but i'm a little unclear on when during the day our pally will be home. I'll see if i can get a hold of him tonight - but he is probably drunk and passed out in bush.
Hey guys,
I'm sorry to say we've had an offer from a guild some of us used to raid with in the past, and it meant we wouldn't have to move servers. We didn't quite see them as an option, but after some random dialog with an officer last night, things materialized and we've decided to stay on our current server and join up with them.

I'm sorry if you guys feel we wasted your time, but this option didn't present itself until late last night, otherwise we couldn't have asked you to review our apps.

Again, sorry that we have to end this here.

Good luck going forward into Legion.

Regards
Ken.
Hey guys,

Thanks for letting us know, no hard feelings! Best of luck in your new guild Smile

Yserea