[Accepted] Brouklis - Mage Application
Personal Information

Name: Argyrios Saliarelis (Argy)

Nationality: Belgium/Greek

Battletag: Karpathon#2839

I currently live in Zurich, Switzerland and work as a Fund Administrator for just over a year now. I played semi-pro rugby in the UK for about 4 years whilst studying at university. I love going to the gym pretending to be a powerlifter Tongue.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character Information

Name: Brouklis

Class: Mage

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/charac...w/brouklisAs i have all fire legendaries i use different gearsets/talents depending on encounter needs.

Mainspec (artifact traits): Fire - Lvl 75

Offspec (artifact traits): Forst - Lvl 68

Why do you play this class and role?

I enjoy playing fire mage as it is an all-around spec. It has descent ST dps whilst being strong in consistent and burst AOE. It has strong mobility, with 2 x shimmer and damage while moving with a mobile execute using the leggie belt and good survivability with the "oh shit" cauterize passive and of course iceblock.

Explain your reasoning behind your character choices (why did you pick your current talents and what gearing/stat priority do you go for) and give us some examples of how your class and/or talent choices makes you more valuable on specific encounters.

Tier 1
Firestarter I use this for ST fights especially on progression fights where the boss stays above 90% hp for an extended period of time building a high ignite having 100% crit straight into combustion phase. Alternatively, i would use conflagration for M+ and for encounters which includes numerous adds.

Tier 2
Shimmer Always use this talent as it provides 2 "blinks", great for mobility and helps get out of "shit storms" easily.

Tier 3
Rune of Power Although this provides the highest DPS in this talent row, it does make you very immobile. Howerver, it provides very good burst in situations where a shield has to be broken fast (maiden) or adds have to be burned down. In fights such as mistress, i go for Incanters Flow as it provides a dps boost without rooting you in a certain position.

Tier 4
Flame On Always use this talents as it provides an extra charge to fire blast and reduces its cooldown providing a better rotation, more hot streaks in combustion phase and more hot streaks through out the whole fight. I rarely exchange it with Alexstranszas Fury which i would only use with Darckli's Dragonfire Diadem for burst AOE situations.

Tier 5
Frenetic Speed Always use this talent as it provides extra mobility when scorch is used, which can be cast while moving. Rarely use Ring of Frost only in some M+ situations where extra CC is needed.

Tier 6
Living Bomb I use this talent for burst AOE and only if there are atleast more than 5 adds
Unstable Magic Used for strictly ST encounters.
Flame Patch The highest consistent aoe talent and does really well with high haste. The only aoe situation i would not use this talent is if i know the adds will be constantly moving around missing the flame patch damage.

Tier 7
Meteor Only used for strictly ST encounters.
Kindling Always used in non ST encounters.

I have a total of 5 sets of gear i use. The 2 most commonly used are:

1 - High crit/haste where i use the bracers/ring combo. I use this mostly for ST encounters and for when hero is popped early in a fight.

2 - Cap at 35% crit and then an even split between haste/mastery where i use the bracers/belt combo. i use this set for when hero is popped in an execute phase and for more consistent cleave fights.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Raiding

Tell us a little bit about your raiding experience:

Vanilla - All content cleared up to 10/15 in Naxx - Holy Paladin - Azerothor ( Headhunters on Terenas ) - Left due to High school commitments.

Burning Crusade All content cleared - Fury Warrior - Karpathon ( Statis merged into Genesis on Terenas ) - Left for a higher tier guild.

Wotlk All content cleared - Fury Warrior - Karpathon (Highlight: Immersion guild on Auchindoun) - Stopped playing at the end of expansion due to commitments below.

Cataclysm - Did not play due to university commitments

Mists of Pandaria - All content cleared up to Siege of Ogrimmar - Warlock - Karpathon.

WoD - Did not play due to university / Semi-pro rugby commitments

Legion:

7/7M EN
2/3M ToV
10/10M NH
6/9M ToS

Started playing wow again in the beginning of Legion as some IRL friends "forced" me back into it but mostly because i have a lot of free time and few commitments. They were in a casual guild called CTSamurai on Darksorrow. We cleared EN mythic and managed 1/3 M HOV. I then decided to move to a better guild called Furious Gaming on Blades Edge as i wanted to be able to experience all the mythic content. We cleared NH M and straight after we killed Guldan the guild management announced that they were quitting wow as the extended grind presented by blizzard was too much for them. As this was the case, i took a month of to enjoy the summer. I came back to casual aiding with CTSamurai in October but before long i found the casual experience unchallenging and not enjoyable. People decided to reroll whenever they felt like it and would not show up for the "progress" nights which would then be called off as we didn't have enough numbers.

What steps do you take to ensure you play your class to the full extent of its capabilities?
I always watch how the top mages play each encounter, my favourites are Dylemma and Rikh. I use forums such as [/url] to stay updated on new "tips and hints" but ultimately always use simulation craft and test gear/stat/talent choices.

What will your attendance be, can we rely on you to be there for progression? Are there any factors that may impede you to attend that we should know about?

I have a lot of free time after work which finishes at 5PM, i usually go to the gym after this but always on non raid days. I am confident that i will keep atleast keep a 95% attendance leaving that 5% for emergencies and unforeseen events. I prefer progression nights rather than farm as they provide a challenge, the ability to learn something new and the satisfaction when you finally accomplish the encounter.

Are you familiar with being in a Mythic raiding guild and the environment. Are you familiar with rotating people and ”benching”’. What are your thoughts on this?

I have spend several years in mythic raiding guilds and im very used to the atmosphere. I do not mind being benched if and whenever it is needed.

Please provide logs showing your competence as a player. If you don’t have any logs, please explain why.
TOS
[url=https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/darksorrow/brouklis]https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/darksorrow/brouklis

NH ( due to server change )
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/e...ingzone=11

Miscellaneous

Do you have a functioning microphone?

Yes and confident to speak.

Are you familiar using Teamspeak?

Yes

Why do you wish to join Aetherium?

I would like to be part of the cutting-edge raiding experience again, which is what Aetherium can offer. I miss playing with other players who want to put 100% commitment into their characters and who also have the skill to accomplish the mythic encounters blizzard throws at us as quickly as possible. Joining a higher-tier guild will not only make me a better player, but will additionally provide the conditions for a more dynamic and enjoyable gaming experience.

How did you come across our Guild?

Wow Progress

Last but not least

What makes you a valuable asset to a raiding team? Why should we be accepting you to the guild? What makes you a better investment than other applicants? Sell yourself to us.

Whenever i start something, whether it is work or hobby related, i always strive to achieve the best results possible. My motto is to be either all in or not at all. Due to playing in a semi-pro rugby level for 4 years i have learned to accept criticism ( even if its presented in an unpleasant manner ) and apply it to my flaws in a constructive way so as to minimize them.

From a raiding perspective, while i provide competitive dps i always priorities encounter tactics and staying alive rather than padding the meters and trying to get that orange number on the logs. Ultimately a dead dps is ZERO dps.

Outside of raiding, i really enjoy pushing high M+ keys because all that matters is that M+ score right ? Tongue

Extra
UI with WAs loaded - http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img924/5470/YBLeuD.png

UI during raiding - http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img924/3851/8y43Qh.png
Accepted. Contact me ingame for a guild invite Smile
[Image: VYWPRir.gif]