[Declined] Mage application
Personal Information

Name: Jamie

Nationality: English

Battletag: Jadaca#2429

Tell us a little bit about yourself, who are you, what do you do etc. Hey im jamie 18 from essex, Im an avid gamer love playing all different types of games, with the borderlands and spyro franchises being my all time favorites. I go to work 4 times a week and earn myself a decent living for my age (nothing amazing) other than that not much to me i just spend most my time playing games its what I love and what i'm passionate about

Character Information

Name: Ebonchíll

Class: Mage

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/charac...ch%C3%ADll

Mainspec (artifact traits): 72 and ongoing

Offspec (artifact traits): 54 Arcane

Why do you play this class and role?
I've always enjoyed mage as a class I first fell in love with mage in vanilla when i was watching someone blast wave a bunch of mobs and just thought that was the coolest thing ever(granted i was very young).
it wasnt till legion 7.3 I decided to go and gear my mage and do weekly heroic runs on him, I find fire so interesting and versatile whilst also loving the mobility of the spec.

Explain your reasoning behind your character choices (why did you pick your current talents and what gearing/stat priority do you go for)
Lvl 15-firestarter is the go to talent for me at the current moment it is like having a mini combustion at the start of fights and helps fish for bracer procs for the big burst when actually using combustion, it also synergizes well with our current tier which allows me to stack for more mastery than crit.

Lvl 30-Shimmer because double blink and casting while blinking is so important for hard casting pyro and dodging mechanics at the same time.

Lvl 45-Incanters flow currently, as constant % increase in damage is very nice in fights with alot of movement (most of them) whereas RoP is stronger burst wise i'd rather be more mobile and safe and not risk a death in the raid.

Lvl 60-Flame on allows me more hot streak procs which is the bread and butter of fire and makes it so I can chuck out more pyroblasts.
Alextrasza's fury is great for constant aoe fights with the legendary head so id switch depending on the fight.

Lvl 75-Frenetic speed for more movement however if raid did need more cc i could choose ring of frost or ice ward but more comes down to what the fight/raid needs.

Lvl 90- Unstable magic for Pure ST fights like goroth not much to say on this talent its very boring but increases fireball dmg occasionally.
Flame patch for add fight like misstress and harjatan when the adds are up longer than 5 seconds
usually 3-4+ adds i would take flame patch.
Living bomb on 5+ adds since its aoe explosion and spread dmg is quite strong and works well when there is a ton of adds up.

Lvl 100-Kindling most the time since more combustions for me = more dmg especially for antorus since its looking like combustion will be an even stronger CD than it currently is,However i dont rule out meteor its really strong for ST and can be a huge boost in ignite damage so this tier also depends on the fight but i do prefer kindling.
I mainly use simcraft to find my stats and also go on warcraftlogs and see the top mages and what they are gemming/focusing on more and copy what they do.
right now because of our tier, ToS and M+ in general mastery is very strong and i choose to go for more mastery than crit as it increases my ignite damage whilst fire also allows me to get free crits from legendarys and talents. However if I gem versatility it is because on sims versa is my highest stat weight.

Give us some examples of how your class and/or talent choices makes you more valuable on specific encounters.
For kite fights where adds need to be dealt with but not taunted, mages are amazing for add control and bring in the best cc with RoF and Ice nova (if they are not immune)
For fights like DI with 2 targets constantly fire excels at dealing high damage and also igniting the other boss for even stronger damage and on mythic adds on DI can be dealt nicely as fire.
For ST fire is pretty good not as strong as frost unless you get the almighty procs but its still very competitive in the higher rankings.

Raiding

Tell us a little bit about your raiding experience: My first ever raid was firelands 10 man normal when i was very young and had no idea what was going on (we did manage to clear it) but now looking back at it. it doesnt seem like a hard feat. My next closest raiding experience was in HFC where we cleared up to and including zakuun mythic before stopping. I eventually swapped servers and faction since then and joined a guild called "Prime" in Defias brotherhood and managed to clear 7/7 EN mythic 2/3 ToV mythic 9/10 NH mythic.
I left that guild with a couple of friends because we were looking towards higher progress and the lack of enthusiasm and effort being put into the guild from some of our core members was disheartening.
During ToS I joined a guild called "Trainwreck" in which we managed to be top 50 on most mythic kills till misstress,once we hit misstress it was like hitting a huge brick wall for our guild with over 350+ wipes on that boss alone pre nerfs,we did manage to get her down after the first small nerf to timings of the whale but both our guild leaders and tank decided they wanted to join a higher progressed guild and left trainwreck to well ironically become a trainwreck. Since then i joined a couple of guilds jumping through a couple as they would stop raiding due to time issues and i eventually stopped at "Ninth order" grabbing 7/9 and feeling burnt out due to jumping guilds and not knowing anyone i decided to step down and go gear up my mage (this was the time of crucible opening up) another note on this was that this was all done on my druid feral main at the time and not my mage so my logs wont show my mage having any mythic kills in ToS

What makes you a valuable asset to a raiding team?
Im always looking to improve no matter how good i may think I am im always trying to look up guides on how to be better how to maximise my dps for this fight best places to stand, and constantly simming myself to be the best I can be. Mechanically I pride myself in not failing all the time and letting the raid down, I focus on tactics like no other.

What steps do you take to ensure you play your class to the full extent of its capabilities?
I use simcraft/raidbots all the time to best optimize my character. i'm always checking out the best mages of each boss and seeing what they are doing and how i can do that as good as them or better, In pulls i keep finding areas to look for in which will optimize me having the least movement and dodging most the mechanics put out to me.And i'm always asking people on why they did something that i didn't do and how i can become better.

What will your attendance be, can we rely on you to be there for progression? Are there any factors that may impede you to attend that we should know about? My attendance for raids would be 100% if accepted. Only other time i wouldnt be able to join if is my boss has put me on work for a day which i shouldnt do which is very very rare and if that does happen i would let you know 3 weeks in advance and even try to get someone else at work to cover my shift.

Are you familiar with being in a Mythic raiding guild and the environment. Are you familiar with rotating people and ”benching”’. What are your thoughts on this? i'm very familiar with this and i support rotating people on different bosses to what suits the raid after all for two days you need to maximise the potential on each pull so you can clear for cutting edge! however I wouldn't want to join the guild to be put on the bench and used if needed i'm trialing for a stable position in the main team.

Please provide logs showing your competence as a player. If you don’t have any logs, please explain why.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/e...ch%C3%ADll this is my mages logs
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/e...%C3%A1mane druids legion logs before ToS (Prime)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/e...%C3%A1mane up to misstress mythic logs(trainwreck)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/e...ne/jadacat logs showing up to my maiden kill(Ninth Order)

Miscellaneous

Do you have a functioning microphone?
Yes

Are you familiar using Teamspeak?
Yes

Why do you wish to join Aetherium?
Two day raiding guild plus the urge to raid is in me and I would love to start doing it all again its the most fun for me

How did you come across our Guild?
I saw you on wowprogress when searching for guilds

Last but not least

Why should we be accepting you to the guild? What makes you a better investment than other applicants? Sell yourself to us. No matter what i'm always trying my hardest to push myself to be better and not let anyone in the raid team down, I hate when i do that and its why I make it my job to never mess up enough times to warrant being hated for. Mechanically I do pride myself in being the best i can be and following all tactics to a T. all raiding parts aside i'd like to think myself very fun to be around easy going and love doing m+ and social raids alt runs transmog runs old raids and everything I like to just do stuff with a guild that i can click with and hopefully can click with me!
Thanks for your application. We'll get back to you within a few days.
[Image: VYWPRir.gif]
Unfortunately we'd deciced to decline your application to Aetherium. Best of luck finding a suitable guild.
[Image: VYWPRir.gif]