[Accepted - Social] Zhényà - Elemental shaman
Personal Information

Name: Andrea

Nationality: Swedish

Battletag: Anktrea #2936

Tell us a little bit about yourself, who are you, what do you do etc.

I am currently studying Civil Engineering with the alignment productdesign and production. I am living in Sweden, in a small appartment with my pug, Emma. I wake up, study, go for walks with the pug, eat and play WoW. I also spend some time with my family and friends, but I mean, priorities straight: WoW comes first. Wink

Character Information

Name: Zhényà

Class: Elemental Shaman

Armory: https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu...A9ny%C3%A0

Mainspec (artifact traits): 68

Offspec (artifact traits): 51 (enh), 59 (resto)

Why do you play this class and role?
I started playing WoW this expansion and haven't really played any PC-games before. So, the choice was ha tuff one. Didn't really know at the beginning what I wanted to try out. I started leveling a enh. shaman and fell in love. What attracted me from start was the independency and flexibility of the class. Being a key figure with different abilities such as for example heroism. I also appriciated being able to take care of myself with healing. When enh was nerfed and the rotation was completely changed, I chose to try out elemental. And I was stuck. As Elemental I've always been good with both ST-dps, and a key-person when it comes to AOE-fights. The complexity of the class makes it so interesting, and there is never enough to learn about the class and how to play it as good as possible.

Explain your reasoning behind your character choices (why did you pick your current talents and what gearing/stat priority do you go for)

Previously, mastery has been the best stat. I was farming mastery as a madman. 86% was the goal. This due to Elemental overload being triggered by mastery, which directly increases the damage and generates Maelstrom. In 7,3 this was changed, and the stat that was worst (haste) is now the best one. This due to it increases the speed of my casts, aswell as it ticks the rate of my damage with for example flame shock. Crit is my second best stat due to it directly increases my damage.

I picked my talents due to them being the ones simming the best and being suggested as best for ST resp. AOE at stormeheartlava.com and in the class discord. I have tried using different talents in ST, removing Totem of mastery to decrease the amount of mastery which atm is a bit too high. This sims lower than with the totems due to the loss of Mastery when changing.

Give us some examples of how your class and/or talent choices makes you more valuable on specific encounters.

During ST as for example Goroth I tend to use totem of mastery to keep my mastery at the highest simmming lvl, gust of wind, ancestral swiftness to increase the haste by 6 %, elemental blast to increase my raw damage aswell as it increases my crit/mastery or aste by 2000 for 10 sec which increases my damage overall. I also use Echo of the elements to give echo of the elements an extra charge and Ascendence since it makes my casts instant on lavaburst and incrases the lavaburst damage.

In AOE I use totem of mastery, ancestral swiftness, elementalblast and liquid magma totem instead of echo of the elements. This due to liquid magma totem is an direct damage increase since it hits several targets at once. I also use lightningrod instead of asendance since I mainly use chain lightning during AOE-fights, and this talent allows me to get 40 % extra damage on every target the buff hits.

Raiding

Tell us a little bit about your raiding experience:

I started playing WoW during this expansion and have been raiding since January 2017. I have cleared Emerald Nightmare, am 2/3 ToV, 8/10 Nighthold and 6/9 ToS.

What makes you a valuable asset to a raiding team?
I am a very faithful raider. I will always show up at the right time, with the right stuff and the right knowledge. I always carry raiding-stuff as for example all kinds of flasks, food, hammers and pylons to be able to provide my raidingteam with whatever they might need. I can easily change from ST to AOE and do high dps on both. I am meticulous with knowing what I am going to do at the raid, and fully concentrated during the entire time, aswell as always smiling. I am focused and am always doing my utmost, asking what I did wrong if something happens due to me.

What steps do you take to ensure you play your class to the full extent of its capabilities?
I use the webbpage https://www.stormearthandlava.com/ aswell as the class-discord. Looking at both every day to see if there has been any changes or if there are any new upcoming changes. I also check top ele-shamans logs to see what they do differently from me.

What will your attendance be, can we rely on you to be there for progression? Are there any factors that may impede you to attend that we should know about?

I will always attend. If I am committing to something, I am doing it wholeheartedly.

Are you familiar with being in a Mythic raiding guild and the environment. Are you familiar with rotating people and ”benching”’. What are your thoughts on this?

Yes, I am. I think that we are a team, and to be able to progess and do our best, we need to change classes depending on the fight. Some classes are better and some are worse with specific mechanics and bosses.

Please provide logs showing your competence as a player. If you don’t have any logs, please explain why.

The last two/three weeks we've been extending the lockout, therefore there are no new logs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/ch...metric=dps

Miscellaneous

Do you have a functioning microphone?

yes

Are you familiar using Teamspeak?

yes

Why do you wish to join Aetherium?

Due to some roster-issues in our guild we have chosen to go separate ways, that's why I am looking for a new guild and I've heard good things about Aetherium.

I want to join aetherium to raid mythic in a dedicated way, but still have fun together and do other things inbetween. I want to be able to enjoy the game at it's fullest, and I think that's done with friends, lots of high m+ and raiding mythic.

If it is not possible for me to join the guild as a raider, I would like to join as a social and if possible, get a chance to trial at a later moment, if you find me suitable for your raiding-team. I will also be available as back-up if that would be interesting.

How did you come across our Guild?

I came across your guild through one of my friends Serein, and guildmaster Psychedelic.

Last but not least

Why should we be accepting you to the guild? What makes you a better investment than other applicants? Sell yourself to us.

Even when things are going bad, I will cheer the raid up. When you forgot something to the raid, I will always have it. When I am benched and you need someone to join 10 mins later due to someone not being availabe, I will be there. I am very dedicated, and I am striving for cutting edge and I will never stop practicing until I become the best version of myself. I will supply you with laugher, loads of chain-lightning, food, flasks and a really good time. And also, HEROISM!

I hope you find me interesting, and that I'll hear from you soon Smile
Post a pic of your pug and i'll vouch for you!
https://imgur.com/a/KnfBR ;D
Hey Zhényà, have you ever heard of the Gamble build? it's pretty fun and sims highest at the moment;

https://www.stormearthandlava.com/gambling-build/
Hey! I have, and have been practicing a bit but not taken it to m raids yet, but can indeed be changed!
Thanks for your application. We'll take a look at it and get back to you within a few days.

~Yserea
[Image: VYWPRir.gif]