[Accepted] Zaells - Resto Druid
Personal Information

Name: Roo

Nationality: British

Battletag: Zeals#2841

Tell us a little bit about yourself
Hi, I'm Roo. I currently live in York (the old one) in England, and have been gaming for a good few years of my life (almost a decade now DSmile. Currently I am primarily playing WoW, Dota 2 and Overwatch but I mix it up and play a load of other stuff whenever. I'm an IT apprentice studying web design and java development as a 9 - 5 job. I also play guitar sometimes, and enjoy music in general. And food. Food's good.

Character Information

Name: Zaells ( @ Magtheridon)

Class: Druid

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ma...s/advanced

Mainspec: Restoration

Offspec: Balance, but little experience with it, just as a DPS spec for questing/dailies. Willing to learn it, or switch to feral, if necessary.

Why do you play this class and role?
I have been playing WoW on and off for a few years, and spent a long time swapping between classes and specs. When it came to deciding what I would be levelling on WoD release, Druid seemed like a good option (I enjoy the class lore, heard good things about the playstyle, and had a wide range of options from the 4 specs). I also enjoyed healing beforehand, and in other games, so I tried out resto and enjoyed it, and it just stuck.

Raiding

Tell us a little bit about your raiding experience:~
I have next to 0 raid experience outside of HFC. With the content drought and the people I play the game with more casually beggining to play less, the idea of progressing through some more difficult content appealed to me over spending another expansion grinding LFR once a week. I have done my best to find PUG groups for both NM and HC HFC to get some experience, but I appreciate that PUGs will always differ from guild raiding, especially this far into the patch.

What makes you a valuable asset to a raiding team?
I am punctual and good at communicating when needed, yet I try and stay quiet if the need be. I like to think of myself as friendly and a nice person to be with (let me know if I'm not), which I think is a good asset in any team-oriented activity. Despite my lack of experience, I do spend time learning the current tier's bosses tactics and what I need to be doing. I consider myself dedicated once I have set my mind upon something.

What steps do you take to ensure you play your class to the full extent of its capabilities?
I do my best to keep myself informed on changes/buffs/nerfs to my class, as well as reading/watching guides from top level druids to learn what I should be doing, when, and (most importantly) why. I think that this lets me quickly get to grips with any major changes to resto, as well as letting me have quite a deep understanding of the class.

Miscellaneous

Do you have a functioning microphone?
Yes.

Are you familiar using Teamspeak?
Yes.

Why do you wish to join Aetherium?
As mentioned above, I am looking for a guild that I can get into progression with. I appreciate that I do not have fantastic credentials but I am willing to learn and put the time in. I have spoken to Cyrane / Yserea and they seemed nice to talk to, so I hope the rest of the guild is as friendly too!

How did you come across our Guild?
I posted on the WoW forums regarding looking for a guild and received a response from you!

I appreciate that you have had an application from a more experienced Resto druid with 15 ilvls on me, but I thought I would give it a shot anyway, as the guild seems like a nice place Smile
Hello Roo!

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your application to Aetherium.
All looks well at first glance and to start off with I'd like to mention that the difference in Item level in comparison to any other active applications at this point in the expansion is really not a problem, due to the fact that it's coming to an end.

In regards to questions I only have three that come to mind, how did you like the raiding that you've done in HFC so far? And to follow up on that, would you like to experience similar and harder challenges in Legion during Mythic raids?

Furthermore do you feel like your limited experience in dealing with Raid Mechanics in WoW could possibly affect your skill as a player in a negative way or does it all come together quite naturally?

Thank you in advance for your answers and we hope to hear more from you soon Big Grin.
Hi Hairysailor, and thanks for the prompt response;

That's nice to hear, and gives me some hope :p !

I have really enjoyed HFC, honestly. It has a lot of mechanics that I think are very interesting (albeit frustrating when PUG people ignore them) and I think it makes raiding a really interesting activity. Honestly I think because I have started quite late in the expansion I haven't experienced any 'real' progression yet - I haven't wiped hundreds of times on Archi or anything like that, but I think while that would be frustrating at the time, it would make the first kill all that much better.

For your second question, I do enjoy the challenge. Mythic is definitely something that appeals to me, however I understand with the little prior experience I have that might not be a realistic goal (but its still a goal!). The idea of progressing, downing bosses, gearing up and getting better as a team really appeals to me, I think more so on higher levels of difficulty.

Finally, I admit that it may well be a possibility. I have not had any real trouble with mechanics in HFC - while they are interesting and require attention, I do read up on them and do my best to react to them promptly and appropriately. I am by no means saying I am flawless; I have screwed up raid mechanics in the past, but I think I am a quick and enthusiastic learner and I do everything in my power to play fights correctly, and properly respond to the calls of a raid leader.

I hope my answers were up to par, and please feel free to let me know through another post or through Bnet if you would like to ask me anything else!

Otherwise, have a great night, and thanks again.
Hey Zaells thank you for the apply, you seem a nice guys, hope to see you soon in the game !

Sleur
Hi there Zeals!

Thanks for your patience so far. We'd like to extend an invitation to have a chat with on our Teamspeak server to get to know you a little bit better. When would be a convenient time for you?

Feel free to either let me know ingame, or leave a reply in your thread.

[Image: VYWPRir.gif]
Hi Yserea,

On weekdays, I am happy to chat any time between about 19:00 and 00:00 BST on weekdays, and all day on weekends. Let me know whenever you're good!

As you said, let me know here or hit me up on BNet.
Excellent, let's have a chat sometime in the evening tomorrow. I'll contact you whenever I see you online.
[color color=green]Accepted[/color]